Bread, cheese, and meatballs! Triple yum! The day I filmed this video I had my little cousins over and they ate every last crumb. Quite unfortunate for my aunt because now her kids request meatball parm sandwiches almost every other day. What’s great about meatballs is that you can make them and freeze them until you’re ready to use them.
Meatball Parmesan Sandwich
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- pinch of chili powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Italian hero rolls
- 8 slices provolone
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- melted butter for brushing
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, parsley, fresh minced garlic, egg, milk, chili powder, parmesan cheese, and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Using your hands mix gently, careful not to over mix.Roll meat mixture into golf sized balls
- Fry the meatballs in vegetable oil over medium high heat, working in batches. Brown them on all sides. Each batch should take about 7 minutes.
- In a separate skillet or the same one warm up some marinara sauce
- Place the browned meatballs in the sauce and let it cook for an hour or until the meatballs are tender and fully cooked through.
- Place hero rolls cut side up on a baking sheet
- Lay a couple of slices of provolone on the hero rolls
- Add a couple of meatballs to the hero roll and ladle some marinara sauce over the meatballs
- Sprinkle some mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the meatballs then place the sandwiches in a preheated oven at 400 degrees f for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts completely