Nutella cake is one of those rich and delicious cakes you should make at least five times a year. I am in love with how this cake looks and tastes. I made this cake on Feb 13th, can it be a little more obvious that I want you to make this for Valentine’s day?
My mom and grandmother share the same birthday on February 15th so I really made this cake for them. Yes, I had to break the tradition, I was born on June 11. 2 days later and this cake was still super moist and delicious.
It tastes like hazelnut and chocolate, what’s there not to like?
I’m a bit disappointed that I didn’t take any photos of the inside of this cake. There is a reason. When I made this cake and uploaded it on Youtube many moons ago, all I had to worry about was a thumbnail photo. Blogging came later and now I won’t stop snapping photos of each entre I make.
I’m pretty bummed about not taking more photos but you know what? It was delicious and that’s all that matters! The cake is a moist chocolate cake, the best chocolate cake ever. If you notice, you can see my curtains and dining table because again I didn’t care about anything around the food. I just needed a close up for that Youtube thumbnail. Most of my old photos make me sad and some of my new ones still make me sad haha. But I feel like I get a little better every day.
This sweet and moist chocolate cake is topped with a Nutella cream cheese frosting and raspberries for a delicious cake that’s almost too pretty to eat!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 cans chocolate hazelnut pirouettes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter and flour two 9″ cake pans
- Sift the unsweetened cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, Nutella, vegetable oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour mixture and egg mixture until well incorporated then pour in the boiling water slowly while mixing
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and tap pans on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles
- Bake the cakes for about 28-30 minutes or until fully cooked through
- Allow the cakes to completely cool
- To make the frosting, mix the unsalted butter until smooth then add the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, cream cheese, Nutella, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix on medium-high speed for about 3-4 minutes or until nice and fluffy.
- Frost the cooled cakes with the Nutella frosting, raspberries, chocolate hazelnut pirouettes, if desired and enjoy!