These were the easiest cake pops I’ve ever made. Can we call these cake pops even though they don’t contain cake? Lets. Let me start off by mentioning that I despise peppermint. Does that even make sense? These are Oreo Peppermint Cake? Pops after all. Well, a couple of years ago my mom went to Starbucks and bought a couple of chocolate peppermint cake pops. I was pretty annoyed at first with her but after taking one bite I instantly loved them.
I had to recreate them asap. These are so delicious. Probably my all-time favorite. If you aren’t a peppermint fan, although you probably are since you did click on the recipe, you will love these. You will love these regardless if you like peppermint or not. I’m that confident. Well, I just hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
Oreo Peppermint Cake Pops
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 10 peppermint candies
- 16 oz melted chocolate
- 1 tbsp shortening
- sprinkles for decorating
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse 7-8 times.
- Place the crushed Oreos into a large bowl.
- Smash the peppermints into small pieces, set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to the crushed Oreos and mix until well combined.
- Add the peppermints to the Oreo mixture and mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, scoop out about 1 tbsp of the Oreo mixture and roll into a ball.
- Continue doing this until you run out of the Oreo mixture.
- Place the balls onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place them in the freezer for 40 minutes.
- Melt some white chocolate, add some shortening to the chocolate and then place it in a tall glass.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and then insert them into the Oreo cake pops 1/4 of the way.
- Dip the cake pops into the white chocolate until fully covered.
- Add sprinkles if desired, let the cake pops set for about 10 minutes and enjoy!