This is not a saucy dish. This is a delicious and fresh pasta dish that I make about twice a month. It has all of my favorite ingredients. Pancetta, spinach, fresh roasted tomatoes, garlic, onions, and lots of fresh parmesan cheese.
I’ll admit that it doesn’t look good but trust me it’s very good. I love al dente corkscrew pasta for this but like I mentioned in the video, fettuccine will work too. A touch of heavy cream and a sprinkle of red chili flakes works too. Throw in some mushrooms if you like those as well.
Saute the onions and pancetta until the pancetta becomes crispy and the onions translucent.
Fresh Roasted Tomatoes are the best
None of the photos I took do this dish justice.
Pancetta and Spinach Pasta
Pictures don’t do this recipe justice. With the tomatoes roasting and the pancetta and onions cooking, this is a recipe that will fill your kitchen with the smells of Italy. This is a deep complex and flavorful recipe that is a great dinner idea.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb corkscrew pasta
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pancetta
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the grape tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the tomatoes are fork tender.
- In a large skillet with 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil over medium-high heat, cook the pancetta and onions for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the minced fresh garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Remove the pancetta mixture and discard any excess oil.
- Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, pancetta mixture, white wine and cook until the white wine reduces by half.
- Add 1/4 cup of pasta water and then check for seasoning.
- Add the cooked pasta, add fresh parmesan cheese and enjoy!