This is the best cheesecake I’ve ever made hands down. I can say that about all of the cheesecakes I make because I use this base for every single recipe. I love how creamy and rich this cheesecake is. This isn’t a crumbly dry cheesecake so be prepared to eat the most delicious, creamy cheesecake ever.
This cheesecake doesn’t crack because we prepare a water bath and adjust the baking temperatures etc. You may think “who cares no one is going to see the crack if I cover it up with whipped cream or fruit”, sure but you will know. I can’t explain how pleased I was with myself the first time I made a crackless cheesecake. I don’t care that crackless isn’t a word. I’m going to use it.
Plus think about it, you probably make cheesecake once or twice a year so why not make it perfect? Plus, you can show off to friends and family. A delicious, creamy, rich cheesecake that doesn’t crack. They’ll be all over you.
Ok, before I continue bragging about this cheesecake, I’m pretty sure you’ve noticed the ridiculous crooked crust. Haha, don’t know what I was going for. Definitely, need to work on a perfectly even crust.
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Wrap an 8-inch springform pan with aluminum foil, Set aside.
- Add melted butter to the graham cookie crumbs and press onto the bottom of an 8-in. spring form pan, Set aside.
- For filling, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated, do not overmix.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- To prepare the water bath, place the 8-inch springform pan into a larger baking dish and pour in some boiling water, about 1 inch of water.
- Place the cheesecake in the prepared water bath in the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes.
- 1Ten minutes later reduce the heat to 300 F and let it bake for an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 1Turn the oven off and let it sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 1Open the oven doors slightly and let it sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- 1Carefully remove cheesecake from water bath and run a knife along the sides
- 1Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature for about 1 hour and then place it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- 1Decorate it with fresh strawberries, if desired and enjoy!