This creamy, fluffy pumpkin tiramisu recipe is a seasonal take on a classic dessert. Pumpkin and warm spices mingle with a hint of rum and coffee to create a show-stopping dessert that’s sure to impress and delight.
Pumpkin is a flavor we all love this time of year. It’s a versatile ingredient that can be used to create countless sweet and savory recipes. Infusing it in a dessert-like classic tiramisu takes pumpkin straight to gourmet. Luscious pumpkin mousse, with sweetly spiced whipped cream and espresso-soaked ladyfingers, make an irresistible layered dessert that’s gorgeous from the first scoop.
How To Make
- Make the mascarpone pumpkin mousse – Blend all the mousse ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Make the whipped cream layer – Whip heavy cream with sugar, maple syrup, and spices until fluffy.
- Begin assembly – Mix the rum and coffee. Dip the ladyfingers and lay them across the bottom of your pan, covering all the gaps.
- Form layers – Smooth a third of the pumpkin mousse followed by a third of whipped cream onto the ladyfingers and repeat until you have 9 layers.
- Allow to chill – place in the fridge at least two hours before serving.
Top Tips and Recipe Variations
- Dust with cocoa powder and spices for a pretty finish on top.
- Start mixing on low then slowly turn it to medium to avoid messes when beating the mousse and whipped cream.
- Substitute cream cheese if you don’t have mascarpone.
- Break up ladyfingers if you need small pieces to create a solid layer.
- Use amaretto in place of the spiced rum, or leave it out altogether.
- Grade A maple syrup is the way to go, avoid all ‘maple-flavored’ or ‘pancake syrups’ for the best flavor.
Can I Use a Lower Fat Dairy Instead?
Unfortunately no, the fat in heavy cream is necessary to whip properly for this dessert.
Make your tiramisu the night before so you can quickly serve it when you’re ready.
If you enjoyed this delicious pumpkin tiramisu recipe then you will also enjoy these pumpkin cheesecake muffins. These pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are another hit! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
- 1 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp spiced rum
- 8 ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder optional
- Combine 2/3 cups heavy cream, 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Begin on low speed to avoid splashing, then gradually work up to beating the mixture at medium speed for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix 1 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar using an electric mixer. Beat slowly at first and gradually working up to medium speed. Mix until the whipped cream can hold a stiff peak.
- Get ready for assembly by mixing the rum and espresso in a small bowl near your pan. Dip each ladyfinger into the rum mixture and lay them in an even layer along the bottom of your pan, using pieces to fill in as needed.
- Spoon 1/3 of the pumpkin mousse over the ladyfingers and smooth it flat. Next layer on 1/3 of the whipped cream and smooth it flat as well. Repeat with 2 more layers of each the ladyfingers, mousse, and whipped cream, creating 9 layers total.
- Dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder. Chill at least 2 hours before serving cold.