These pumpkin cheesecake muffins are a real treat and the ultimate fall dessert! Bake these and your house will smell like a bakery. Enjoy these with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee for the best breakfast ever.
What do you get when you combine cinnamon, cream cheese, and pumpkin? Something amazing, that’s what! Saying that I enjoyed these soft and perfect muffins is an understatement. These pumpkin muffins are filled with the most delicious cream cheese filling. For this recipe, all I did was use this pumpkin cupcakes recipe and added some cream cheese batter to it. You may certainly add chopped walnuts to these but I kept it simple.
Fresh or Canned Pumpkin?
Definitely use canned pumpkin for this recipe. This is such a quick and easy recipe, so don’t make things harder on yourself. Although if you have homemade fresh pumpkin puree, use it. Just make sure it doesn’t have any sugar.
Can I Make These Without Cream Cheese?
I’m not sure why you would want to omit the best part of this recipe, but feel free to just make the muffins without the cream cheese filling.
- Please use room large temperature eggs and softened cream cheese.
- Make sure to really mix the cream cheese filling well.
- If you want to double the cream cheese filling so the muffins have more filling, you can certainly do that.
Let these come to room temperature and then place them in an airtight container. They should last for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to 4-5 days in the fridge. To freeze, place these in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature and then microwave them for 12-15 seconds.
If you enjoyed these pumpkin cheesecake muffins then you will love this pumpkin cake! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Mix the sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners, filling it 3/4s of the way up.
- To make the cream cheese filling, simply mix the softened cream cheese, 1 tsp flour, and 2 tbsp sugar until well combined. Mix well.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the cheesecake filling to the center of each cupcake liner. Do not swirl.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Do not overmix the muffin batter.
- Use room temperature eggs and softened cream cheese.
- Please use 100 percent pure pumpkin puree. Not to be confused with pumpkin pie mix.
- Do not overbake the muffins.
Leave a Reply