These pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are the ultimate Fall dessert! Surprise your guests or even some trick or treaters with these homemade irresistible cupcakes.
The best part about this pumpkin cupcake recipe? No butter required, therefore you don’t need an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar. Although these are made with oil, they are not greasy at all, they are light, fluffy, and soft. The cupcakes are filled with pumpkin puree, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and other fresh ingredients.
Can I Use Fresh Pumpkin Instead of Canned Pumpkin?
I highly recommend 100 percent pure canned pumpkin for this recipe. Although, you can make your own pumpkin puree from scratch. Just make sure not to add any additional sugars.
- Sprinkles – I like to use Halloween or Fall inspired sprinkles for these cupcakes. Orange and black nonpareils would be cool.
- Candy Corn Pumpkins – This is what I used to decorate these and I thought they looked super cute.
- Food Coloring – Add a couple of drops of orange food coloring to the cream cheese frosting.
- Use room temperature eggs and do not overmix or overbake the cupcake batter.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Use softened cream cheese and softened unsalted butter for the frosting.
Place the cupcakes in an airtight container and they should be good for up to 3 days at room temperature or in the fridge.
If you enjoyed this pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting then you will love this pumpkin cake! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a sperate bowl, combine the oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter evenly into your muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, mix the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and mix for 3-5 minutes.
- Using a piping bag, frost the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
- Don't overmix the batter.
- Don't overbake the cupcakes.
- Frost the cupcakes when they're completely cooled.
Leave a Reply