I make this roasted potato salad every single summer. It’s one of my favorite potato recipes. Do not skip out on roasting the garlic it is a must. Don’t get me started on garlic mayo! If it’s on the menu at a sandwich place I’m ordering it. 70 cents extra? You got it.
Its just roasted garlic and mayo whisked together with a little salt and pepper. I throw it on burgers all the time and then I started dipping french fries and it all led to this. The star ingredient is def the roasted garlic. Use lots of fresh chives and this will be a major hit at your next get together.
Roasted Potato Salad
- 2 lb red potatoes
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- pinch of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chives
- 3 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop rinsed and dried potatoes into quarters twice and place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop a head of garlic in half and place it in an oven-safe ramekin.
- Drizzle the garlic with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the garlic and potatoes in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- While the potatoes and garlic roast, Fry some bacon in a skillet until crisp and then slice it into bite-sized pieces.
- Squeeze the garlic out of its shell and chop finely.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayo and minced roasted garlic.
- Stir in the dijon mustard, vinegar, chili powder, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Add the roasted potatoes and crispy bacon. Coat the potatoes completely with the mayo mixture.
- Garnish with extra chives and enjoy!