I honestly didn’t think I would enjoy this as much as I did. I was never a fan of roasted tomatoes but now I’m the biggest fan ever. In fact, I don’t think I should ever purchase canned tomatoes ever again. That’s how good this was.
Best part? The tomatoes roasted in 20 minutes. This dish is all about fresh ingredients. I didn’t want this to be a cheesy gooey dish although cheesy gooey stuff is always good. I just wanted a fresh tasting bowl of pasta. You can, of course, add tons of fresh mozzarella and that would be delicious.
Let me share some more photos 🙂
Roasted Tomato Bucatini
This delicious pasta dish is all about fresh ingredients! Freshly roasted tomatoes, tender pasta, and parmesan cheese make this dish irresistibly fresh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1/2 lb bucatini
- 1 1/2 lb grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese *optional*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place grape tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper and then place it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and season generously with kosher salt.
- Cook the Pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking add 3 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet.
- Add the minced fresh garlic and red pepper flakes, cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet and stir.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss until everything is well combined.
- Serve on a large platter and sprinkle fresh basil and parsley.
- Grate some fresh parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!