These rolls are delicious!! First of all they smell AMAZING and second of all..alright there is no second. These little darlings are so soft and delicious, I guess that can be second. you may even make sliders with these. Ham and gruyere little sandwiches are my fave. Bacon, egg, and cheese sliders? You can just toss them in a basket and serve them with dinner. Doesn’t matter how you serve these, I’m pretty certain you’ll enjoy them
Rosemary & Garlic Dinner Rolls
Servings: 12 servings
These are super light and fluffy rolls with the freshness from the rosemary and garlic. These not only taste amazing but they also smell incredible as well.
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 oz melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 sprig rosemary finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, stir the yeast into the warm water (about 120 degrees and let it sit for about 5-6 minutes.
- Once the yeast is nice and foamy go ahead and beat in the hot milk, sugar, melted butter, salt, egg, garlic, and rosemary.
- Add the bread flour to the yeast mixture, and knead with the dough hook. Mix for 8-10 minutes until the dough is slightly tacky.
- Flour your work surface and knead the dough with your hands for a couple extra seconds
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it sit in a warm place for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Place the risen dough on your floured work surface and divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- Shape the dough pieces into dinner rolls by tucking the edges underneath.
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan and place the balls of dough spaced a little apart. Cover and let it rise in a warm place for an additional 40 minutes or until doubled in size
- Brush the risen balls of dough with the egg wash and place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Brush with a little melted butter and enjoy
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
Leave a Reply