Slow cooker orange chicken is the easiest lunch or dinner. Serve with white fluffy rice and you have a restaurant-quality meal that’s way better than take-out!
I know some Chinese American recipes call for a lot of ingredients and it can get a little pricey, however, once you buy them you’ll have those ingredients for a very long time. The best part about making recipes like this slow cooker orange chicken, honey garlic shrimp, and instant pot sesame chicken is that they call for almost the same ingredients. Soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, etc.
Next time you want a quick and easy meal where you can set it and forget it, this is what you need to make. Crockpot orange chicken packed with flavor, super easy to make, and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken – I like to use chicken breasts, but feel free to use boneless chicken thighs.
- Sweet Orange Marmalade
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Ginger Garlic Paste – you can use fresh minced garlic and ginger instead.
- Red Crushed Pepper – optional
- Chili Powder
- Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
Can I Add Frozen Chicken In The Crockpot?
No, I highly recommend letting the chicken thaw completely before placing it in the slow cooker. I find the chicken to be rubbery when cooked frozen. Although, as long as the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, you’re good to go.
What Can I Serve This With?
I really enjoy this with rice and steamed veggies. Broccoli and mushrooms go great with this!
More Chicken Recipes
- Honey Butter Fried Chicken
- Creamy Smothered Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken and Gravy
- Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a large bowl, mix the orange marmalade, soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and red crushed pepper. Mix well.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and chili powder. Coat the seasoned chicken with the cornstarch.
- Add the oil to the slow cooker along with the chicken and orange soy mixture. Mix well and cook on high for 2 hours, covered. You can cook it on low for 4 hours instead.
- Once the cooking time is up, open the slow cooker and stir the chicken. The sauce should be thick and the chicken should be fully cooked through. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds if desired, and enjoy!
- Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.