Honey Butter Fried Chicken tossed in a sauce infused with fresh garlic and red crushed pepper. The entire family will love this recipe!
This honey butter fried chicken goes best with some Cheese Garlic Biscuits, Lobster Mac and Cheese, and
Last month I posted these delicious honey baked turkey wings and you guys loved them! I knew I had to upload another honey something soon. What I love most about this honey butter fried chicken aside from it’s sweet and salty combo, is that its bone-in fried chicken in a cast iron skillet, then covered in a honey butter sauce.
Basically, the real thing. I didn’t want this to be grilled nuggets, baked chicken, or chicken tenders tossed in sauce. Although all those sound good too, I was just in the mood for the real thing. Bone-in fried chicken is King. Period.
If you’ve tried these delicious chicken wings and loved them, then you’re going to love this recipe as well. I used the same recipe for the crust. Let’s talk about the sauce, it’s simple but I love how well it goes with this fried chicken. How can you not love fresh garlic, butter, honey, and salt?
I would highly recommend serving this with some warm butter biscuits. You may even use chicken breast instead and make a honey butter crispy chicken sandwich.
Fry the chicken on each side for about 8-10 minutes.
Finish cooking the chicken in the oven until a cooking thermometer reaches 165 F.
Always fry the chicken at room temperature.
Do not use olive oil or coconut oil.
Use peanut or canola oil for best results.
Brine the chicken in a salt/water brine.
Other recipes you’ll love:
Honey Butter Fried Chicken
Juicy and crispy honey butter fried chicken seasoned and cooked to perfection!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 36 minutes
- Total Time: 41 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey Butter Sauce:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 2-3 dried red chilies (optional)
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the water and salt.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the chicken and let it come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, eggs, a pinch of salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in the flour-egg mixture and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- To make the honey butter sauce, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the honey, dried chilies, and red crushed pepper. Stir and season with salt.
- Let the sauce thicken and then place the crispy chicken in the skillet and coat with the honey butter sauce.
- Serve with warm butter biscuits and enjoy!
Keywords: Honey Butter Fried Chicken