Crispy Fried Chicken with a Honey Butter Sauce infused with fresh garlic and red crushed pepper. The entire family will love this recipe!
Last month I posted these delicious honey baked turkey wings and you guys loved them! I knew I had to upload another honey something soon. What I love most about this honey butter fried chicken aside from it’s sweet and salty combo, is that its bone-in fried chicken in a cast iron skillet, then covered in a honey butter sauce. Basically, the real thing. I didn’t want this to be grilled nuggets, baked chicken, or chicken tenders tossed in sauce. Although all those sound good too, I was just in the mood for the real thing. Bone-in fried chicken is King. Period.
If you’ve tried these delicious chicken wings and loved them, then you’re going to love this recipe as well. I used the same recipe for the crust. Let’s talk about the sauce, it’s simple but I love how well it goes with this fried chicken. How can you not love fresh garlic, butter, honey, and salt?
I would highly recommend serving this with some warm butter biscuits. You may even use chicken breast instead and make a honey butter crispy chicken sandwich.
- Fry the chicken on each side for about 8-10 minutes.
- Finish cooking the chicken in the oven until a cooking thermometer reaches 165 F.
- Always fry the chicken at room temperature.
- Do not use olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use peanut or canola oil for best results.
- Brine the chicken in a salt/water brine.
Honey Butter Fried Chicken
Juicy and crispy honey butter fried chicken seasoned and cooked to perfection!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 36 minutes
- Total Time: 41 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey Butter Sauce:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 2-3 dried red chilies (optional)
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the water and salt.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the chicken and let it come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, eggs, a pinch of salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in the flour-egg mixture and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- To make the honey butter sauce, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the honey, dried chilies, and red crushed pepper. Stir and season with salt.
- Let the sauce thicken and then place the crispy chicken in the skillet and coat with the honey butter sauce.
- Serve with warm butter biscuits and enjoy!
Keywords: Honey Butter Fried Chicken