This dish includes most of my favorite ingredients. Fresh parmesan, fresh basil, fresh peas, chicken, and lots of fresh garlic. The chicken was fresh too 🙂
What I love most is that it’s such an easy meal and everyone can make this. Beginners or experienced cooks can whip this up in less than 25 minutes. I’m all for it.
I don’t think it’s necessary to mention that a glass of wine and a small side salad would compliment this perfectly.
If you want this a little spicier, add some serrano chilies.
Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 28 oz fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup peas
- 3/4 lb rigatoni pasta
- Season chicken on both sides with chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet with some oil over medium-high heat, cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the fresh garlic, fresh basil, red chili pepper flakes and cook until fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, a splash of water, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and fresh parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken back into the skillet along with the fresh peas.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with rigatoni and enjoy!