Strawberries, Oreos, and cheesecake are almost impossible not to love when combined together. Whenever I go to parties, I always make cheesecake and appetizers. I also bring booze. A bottle of wine and this homemade strawberry oreo cheesecake will have the party host raving.
Like I mentioned in the video, this is the best cheesecake eveeer.
Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake
This picture-perfect Strawberry Oreo cheesecake makes for the perfect dessert! Pair with a bottle of wine and make any occasion extra special.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 115 minutes
- Total Time: 135 minutes
- 1 package oreo cookies
- 7 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup strawberry jelly
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place the Oreos into a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb.
- Add the melted butter to the Oreo crumbs, mix until well combined and press into the bottom of an 8-in. spring form pan.
- Wrap the springform pan with aluminum foil, Set aside.
- For the filling, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated, do not overmix.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- To prepare the water bath, place the 8-inch springform pan into a larger baking dish and pour in some boiling water, about 1 inch of water.
- Place the cheesecake in the prepared water bath in the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes.
- Ten minutes later reduce the heat to 300 F and let it bake for an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let it sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Open the oven doors slightly and let it sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from water bath and run a knife along the sides
- Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature for about 1 hour and then place it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- For the strawberry glaze, add the water and corn starch to a sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the strawberry jelly and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce is thick and lump free.
- Let the strawberry glaze cool completely and add the red food coloring.
- Decorate the cheesecake with fresh strawberries and pour the glaze over the strawberries.