Recently I was looking at a menu from a Mexican restaurant and they had Tres Leches French Toast for brunch! Immediately I knew I would make it at home. I will say this, you don’t need honey, maple syrup, powdered sugar, or whipped cream. These french toasts taste awesome without anything. The condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract really do their job.
I sprinkled some cinnamon in the custard because is it really French Toast without cinnamon? My mom would say yes. She hates cinnamon. I am not lying, these were the best French Toast I’ve ever had or can remember.
I totally wish I would’ve had some berries and mint! Maybe some whipped cream to make it look nicer, but forget all of that just look at the slightly burned edges! Yum.
Tres Leches cake is a staple in most Mexican restaurants and most people save them for celebrations. You can make your breakfast fun with this take on Tres Leches cake. Still use all three cans of milk and prepare it just like regular French Toast.
- 14 slices Challah Bread
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- butter for frying.
- To make the custard, combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the bread in the custard and coat both sides.
- Fry bread slices until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!