Meatloaf is one of those meals that a lot of folks place in the “boring” category. Doesn’t have to be. I like stuffing it with boiled eggs and seasoning the turkey with fresh herbs and dried spices. I usually smother it with BBQ sauce as well.
You can make a gravy instead or just serve it with some extra BBQ sauce which is what I always do.
I think meatloaf and mashed potatoes go great together so I would never suggest serving it with anything else.
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 green chilies optional
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, bread crumbs, granulated garlic, granulated onion, fresh grated onion, fresh grated garlic, green chilies, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Press turkey mixture flat onto a baking dish and place the boiled eggs on top.
- Form turkey mixture into a log then brush with BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes then brush some extra BBQ sauce on top and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, extra BBQ sauce, and enjoy!