These delicious blueberry muffins are packed with fresh blueberries and baked to perfection. Enjoy this with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk for the ultimate breakfast meal.
I wanted to share a blueberry muffin recipe that didn’t include a crumble or coarse sugar topping. This recipe works and tastes great because the muffins rise nicely, are super moist, and perfectly sweetened. You can make 6 jumbo muffins or 12 regular sized muffins.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Blueberries – I used fresh but feel free to use frozen. If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw. That will cause the blueberries to bleed throughout the batter.
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Vegetable Oil
- Eggs – Please use room temperature eggs, it makes such a difference.
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
How to Make
Start by lining a muffin pan with some cupcake liners and preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Cream the sugar and eggs for about 4 minutes or until pale in color. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil. Mix until well incorporated. Coat the blueberries with 1 tbsp of flour and then add the baking powder and salt to the remaining flour. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix for about 15 seconds. Do not overmix the batter. Fold in the blueberries and then using an ice cream scoop or spoon, fill the cupcake liners 3/4’s of the way with the muffin batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Can I Use Other Fruits Instead of Blueberries?
Yes, you may use any type of berry for this recipe, just make sure to coat the berries in flour so they don’t sink to the bottom of the batter.
Should I Eat These Cold or Hot?
You can enjoy these warm with some butter or at room temperature. They’re delicious either way.
Let the muffins cool completely before storing in a container. Not letting them cool enough, will cause the tops to become soggy and sticky. Place the muffins in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
If you enjoyed these amazing muffins then you will also enjoy these banana muffins and ham and cheese corn muffins! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and eggs for 3-4 minutes or until it becomes a light yellow color.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Coat the blueberries with 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour. Add the baking powder and salt to the remaining flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until well incorporated. Do not overmix the batter.
- Fold in the blueberries. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the muffin batter into each muffin liner, filling each 3/4's of the way.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Let it cool a bit before enjoying!