The weather has been perfect for Buffalo Shrimp! Sunny and in the 60’s with a little breeze. For some reason, fried shrimp always reminds me of the summer. Buffalo Fried Shrimp at the beach with an iced cold beer? Heaven.
Buffalo Shrimp at home? Heaven as well.
I let the shrimp bathe in seasoned milk, seasoned milk is just milk with spices. I seasoned the flour as well and then deep fried these babies. I used Franks buffalo sauce and added butter and garlic to it. You may add a little honey to make it less spicy.
You may also season the shrimp with old bay seasoning. I served these with bleu cheese and lemon wedges, and I almost ate them all.
I used whole milk but you may use buttermilk if you have it on hand.
I like to season every layer of the dish, so I seasoned both the shrimp and flour.
Look at them! I almost made a po boy sandwich with these
These were incredible
These buffalo shrimp poppers are just like little chicken poppers but with seafood. This appetizer is a great blend of heat and flavor. Having them soak in buttermilk makes all the difference since it cuts down on that heavy seafood taste and allows you to focus on the spice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine milk, salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp granulated garlic, 1/2 tsp oregano, and 1/2 tsp paprika.
- Pat shrimp dry, place it in the milk mixture and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp granulated garlic, 1/2 tsp oregano, and 1/2 tsp paprika.
- Discard the milk and coat the shrimp in the flour mixture.
- Remove the excess flour and fry the shrimp for 4-5 minutes or until golden crisp.
- While the shrimp fry, place the butter, garlic, and buffalo sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with the buffalo sauce in a bowl until each piece is coated.
- Serve with bleu cheese and enjoy!