Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is one of my favorite meals and super easy to make. Made with cream, parmesan cheese, shrimp, and butter in under 30 minutes!
When you want a decadent rich restaurant meal but don’t feel like leaving the house, shrimp alfredo pasta is a great option. Other restaurant style recipe favorites include Bang Bang Shrimp, Baked Ziti, and Jack Daniel’s Chicken and Shrimp!
This creamy shrimp alfredo is a tried and true recipe that you will want to share with all of your friends and family. If you’re a fan of good quality jar Alfredo sauce then you will go crazy over this homemade creamy rich Alfredo sauce.
I highly suggest using real butter and fresh parmesan cheese for this recipe, it makes all the difference. Not a fan of fettuccine? Use bucatini, spaghetti, or penne pasta.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use chicken instead of shrimp?
Use chicken breast, season it just like you would the shrimp and cut them into bite-sized pieces if you’d like.
Can I add some white wine?
Absolutely. In fact, I highly recommend adding some. Make sure to add it after you add in the butter, let it reduce by half, and then pour in the heavy cream.
How to Make Shrimp Alfredo
Shrimp Alfredo is one of the easiest pasta dishes you can make, here’s all you have to do:
- Bring a large pot of water up to a boil and salt it generously.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika then cook it for 1-2 minutes on each side in a hot skillet.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet, add the butter, fresh garlic, and red crushed pepper. Cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce thickens, cook the fettuccine in the boiling salted water according to packaging instructions.
- Toss the cooked pasta in the thicked sauce, add the shrimp, garnish with fresh parsley if desired and enjoy!
More Delicious Shrimp Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat a large skillet with high sides over medium-high heat and add some oil.
- Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, and red crushed pepper to the skillet and cook until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked fettuccine and shrimp, add more parmesan cheese, garnish with fresh parsley if desired and enjoy!
If you want to use the entire box of fettuccine (1 lb) use 2 cups of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.