Nothing beats some crispy buttermilk fried chicken in the summer. I mention the summer because I only drink lemonade during the summer and lemonade and fried chicken go hand in hand. I can think of so many things to pair up some fried chicken with…macaroni salad, mac and cheese, French fries, etc.
I love to soak fried chicken in hot sauce or honey mustard! This recipe is perfect for those of you who like well-seasoned food. This crispy chicken isn’t only crispy and tender, it’s also very flavorful.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
This crispy, juicy fried chicken recipe is delicious drizzled with some hot sauce and paired with a glass of lemonade.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, hot sauce, 1 tsp granulated garlic, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture and then cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and the remaining spices along with the baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat two eggs and set aside.
- Heat frying oil to 375 degrees.
- Coat the chicken in the all-purpose flour, dip the chicken in the eggs and then dredge it once more in the all-purpose flour.
- Fry the chicken for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through.