Nothing beats some crispy buttermilk fried chicken in the summer. I mention the summer because I only drink lemonade during the summer and lemonade and fried chicken go hand in hand. I can think of so many things to pair up some fried chicken with…macaroni salad, mac and cheese, French fries, etc.
I love to soak fried chicken in hot sauce or honey mustard! This recipe is perfect for those of you who like well-seasoned food. This crispy chicken isn’t only crispy and tender, it’s also very flavorful.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, hot sauce, 1 tsp granulated garlic, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture and then cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and the remaining spices along with the baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat two eggs and set aside.
- Heat frying oil to 375 degrees.
- Coat the chicken in the all-purpose flour, dip the chicken in the eggs and then dredge it once more in the all-purpose flour.
- Fry the chicken for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through.