I never order chicken parm at restaurants because it is the worlds easiest recipe to make at home. I prefer ordering food that is complex to make at home. Without a doubt, this is one of the best chicken parm I’ve ever had. Why? Because it’s simple, seasoned well with salt and pepper, super crispy, very cheesy, and not overcooked. An overcooked piece of chicken turns dry. Nobody wants that.
I also prefer white meat for chicken parm. Tender, juicy, crispy, and cheesy. Kind of saucy. Oh, and spaghetti is a must here 🙂
Crispy Chicken Parmesan loaded with delicious sauce and lots of cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 people
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using a knife, slice into the thickest part of the chicken breast and butterfly the chicken breast. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Pound chicken to flatten using Saran Wrap.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Season the all purpose flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken on both sides with the seasoned flour. Remove any excess flour.
- Dip the chicken in the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a large skillet for about 7-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove from the skillet and discard any excess frying oil.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and cover with marinara sauce.
- Add mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and oregano.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese and enjoy!