Grilled Chicken Parmesan with a homemade sauce, lots of cheese, and basil! The ultimate low carb weeknight meal.
Low Carb Recipes are a favorite around here. You’ll definitely enjoy these other recipes, Tomato and Basil Shrimp, Creamy Baked Chicken Legs, and Low Carb Chicken Picatta.
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Grilled chicken parm is grilled chicken with sauce, fresh basil, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. No eggs, flour, or breadcrumbs required. Breaded and fried chicken parm is delicious but it can be a little messy to make. This recipe, on the other hand, is super easy to make and can be made in under 30 minutes.
Tips for a juicy grilled chicken parm:
Don’t overcook the chicken.
Don’t overcrowd your pan.
Simmer the chicken on top of the sauce and ladle a little extra on top.
How to Make Chicken Parm:
Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, and oregano.
Cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
Add onions, red crushed pepper, and garlic to the skillet and cook until translucent.
Stir in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Place the chicken back in the skillet, ladle some sauce over the chicken and cover with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and the cheese melts completely.
Do I have to make the sauce from scratch?
Absolutely not! You may certainly use store-bought sauce for this recipe.
More chicken recipes you’ll love:
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Easy grilled chicken parmesan in under 30 minutes! Juicy grilled chicken seasoned to perfection and cooked in a homemade sauce.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, and oregano.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the spice mixture, salt, and pepper.
- Add a couple of tbsp of oil to a large skillet and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onions and red crushed pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Once the sauce is nice and warm place the chicken back in the skillet and pour some sauce over the chicken.
- Add the parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
To cut the cooking time in half use store-bought marinara sauce.
Keywords: Grilled Chicken Parmesan