Don’t know what to do with those ripe bananas on your kitchen counter? Make this decadent, tender, and satisfying chocolate chip banana bread recipe.
It’s super moist, delicious, and perfectly sweet. A one-bowl recipe that is fail-proof and a guaranteed hit. I absolutely love this recipe and you will too!
How To Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Mash the ripe bananas using a fork.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients along with the mashed bananas in a large bowl.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top it off with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 58 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
How To Quickly Ripen Bananas:
To speed up the ripening process, there are a couple of things you could do.
- Place the bananas in a paper bag.
- Add one ripe banana to the rest of the bananas.
I’m a huge chocolate chip fan but I also love adding walnuts and m&ms. Feel free to add peanut butter, dried fruit, or chocolate spread as well.
How Do You Keep Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Moist?
Place the bread in an airtight container and let it sit at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Use ripe bananas only. If the bananas aren’t ripe they won’t be as sweet and soft.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Make sure not to overbake the bread.
More banana recipes you’ll enjoy:
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Loaf Pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 bananas ripe and mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a fork, mash the ripe bananas and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the unsalted softened butter, vanilla extract, eggs, yogurt, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the mashed bananas to the sugar mixture along with the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon. Do not overmix.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the dark chocolate chips and then pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips on top and bake for 58 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing into it. Enjoy with butter if desired.