Chocolate coquito is sweet and creamy, festive, and the ultimate holiday drink! If you love classic Puerto Rican coquito, then you’re going to love this one as well!
Coquito is a delicious Puerto Rican beverage that’s made in a blender. It contains rum but no worries, if you don’t consume alcohol, feel free to leave it out!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s sweet but not as sweet as traditional coquito. The unsweetened cocoa powder makes it chocolaty but less sweet.
- Perfect for a large crowd.
- The kids can drink this too, just make sure to omit the rum!
- Holds well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
INGREDIENT YOU’LL NEED
- Rum – I highly recommend using white rum for this recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – You’ll need one 14-ounce can, just make sure to use a spoon to scrape the inside cause it’s super sticky.
- Evaporated Milk – Helps to thin out the coquito.
- Cream of Coconut – Makes it nice and creamy, don’t omit it!
- Coconut Milk – Adds a touch of coconut flavor.
- Ground Cinnamon – It just isn’t coquito without cinnamon.
- Vanilla Extract – Optional.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – You’ll only need 1/4 cup of it but make sure it’s unsweetened.
TOP TIPS FOR THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE COQUITO
- I highly recommend using a blender.
- If I don’t add at least 1 1/2 cups of rum, I find it a little too sweet for my liking. However, some people may find it too strong, so I recommend starting with just 1/2 cup of rum and working your way up.
- Make it the night before and refrigerate it for best results. Cold chocolate coquito tastes so much better than room temperature.
If you don’t have a large glass container, feel free to pour the chocolate coquito into a clean empty milk gallon. Refrigerate for up to 4 days!
MORE PUERTO RICAN RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- 1 ½ cups white rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15 oz) can cream of coconut
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled.