Stuffed Salmon stuffed with real crab meat! Ready in under 20 minutes.
Crab Stuffed Salmon Recipes usually require very little seasoning but I am so in love with my crab cakes recipe that I decided to use that recipe to season the crab filling for this recipe. I used mayo, cream cheese, mustard, old bay, etc. It was very flavorful and moist. Aside from stuffed salmon, Crab Cake BLT Sliders are my absolute favorite recipe that calls for crab. This crab stuffed salmon recipe is the ultimate busy weeknight meal. Mix the ingredients in a bowl, bake, and you’re done. Feel free to omit or add any ingredients you’d like. Spinach would be a great addition to this recipe. Serve with some Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Tomato Avocado Salad, or Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Cream Cheese
- Grain Mustard
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Can I use another type of fish instead of salmon?
If you don’t care for salmon I would highly recommend using Chilean Sea Bass, my favorite! Red snapper, rainbow trout, and flounder are also great fish for this recipe. Here’s a great types of fish article that will help you learn about the different types of fish.
Tips for the perfect baked salmon:
- Make sure you don’t overcook the salmon otherwise it will become tough and dry. 16-17 minutes at 400 degrees F. is perfect.
- Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
Crab Stuffed Salmon
- 1 lb Salmon
- 1 lb Lump Crab
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp Grain Mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Egg
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Pinch of Paprika
- Pinch of Oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Beat together the egg, mayonnaise, cream cheese, grain mustard, lemon juice, old bay seasoning, and bread crumbs.
- Fold in the green onions, parsley, and lump crab meat gently, cover and chill for about an hour.
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper and slice salmon filet lengthwise down the center to create space for stuffing.
- Stuff Salmon with crabmeat filling and then place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Grate some fresh parmesan cheese on top of the crab meat filling, sprinkle a little oregano and paprika, then place in the oven for about 16 minutes or until fully cooked through