Pork chops are so easy to make but for some reason when I first started cooking I thought the complete opposite. I completely avoided cooking pork chops. I make them all the time now. Although I absolutely love smothered pork chops, I must admit a fried dry pork chop is heavenly and so underrated. I wanted these to be super crispy on the outside so I coated them in flour.
I also like to sear all sides of the pork chops includes the sides to get the fat nice and crispy. Throw some garlic, cheese, and heavy cream, and well that’s a recipe for happiness.
I served these with a salad but mashed potatoes will certainly hit the spot.
Check out these amazing Smothered Pork Chops:
Creamy Garlic Pork Chops
Pork chops simmered in a creamy garlic sauce. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- 1 lb boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp chili powder *optional*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil (for frying)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Coat the pork chops with all-purpose flour on both sides, shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Fry the pork chops on all sides for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add additional oil if needed.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Return the pork chops back to the skillet and flip on all sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pork chops are fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!