These little egg sandwiches will make your weekday easier and less stressful. There is no shame in having egg salad sandwiches for dinner with some chips on a busy weeknight.
I make these all the time. I sometimes add crispy bacon and cheese. I know. Sounds crazy. I also prefer it warm.
Warm egg salad is my absolute favorite. My mom says I like it that way because when I was a little girl she used to serve it like that whenever she was in a rush. I guess. I also tried this cold to make sure it tastes amazing as well and it’s a winner. All around. Whether you prefer it warm or cold, you will enjoy these.
Serve these on some warm buns or white sliced bread. You can also serve it on a cup of lettuce. Still delicious. I feel like mustard is a must but if you’re not a fan make sure you don’t omit the vinegar. You want a tiny little tang.
You can also serve this with crackers or pick at it with a fork.
Serve these on homemade Onion Rolls. Get the recipe:
A classic sandwich that makes a quick lunch or dinner. These egg sandwiches are creamy and delicious and come together in minutes.
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pickle juice optional
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp dill
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp hot sauce optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cover the eggs with water and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, remove from the stove and cover for 10 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a bowl filled with cold water and then peel them.
- Using a fork, smash the eggs until nice and chunky.
- Stir in the mayo, vinegar, grain mustard, dijon mustard, pickle juice, dill, parsley, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the paprika on top.
- Spread the egg mixture on the bread and enjoy!