Here’s what you can do whenever you have mac and cheese left overs, roll them into balls, coat them in panko, deep fry them, and serve them to guests as an appetizer. If your family is anything like mine then there is no such thing as mac and cheese leftovers but I knew I was making these before hand so I made sure to save some.
These are so crispy and cheesy, they’re so good. It’s also incredibly easy to make. You can use any mac and cheese leftovers but I believe this is the best mac and cheese recipe so I’m going to share it with you: http://www.cookedbyjulie.com/5cheesemacandcheese/
- 4 cups left over Mac and cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the leftover Mac and cheese from the fridge and use a small cookie scoop to scoop out the Mac and cheese and then form them into golf sized balls.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk 2 eggs and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the Mac and cheese balls in all purpose flour.
- Dredge the coated Mac and cheese balls in the egg and then coat with the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in vegetable oil (350 degrees) for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
If the mac and cheese left overs aren't cold enough to hold it's shape make sure to freeze after rolling into balls.