This instant pot rice pudding is made with short rice, water, sugar, milk, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk. Made in under 30 minutes!
There are countless instant pot rice pudding recipes out there so thank you for being here. A lot of you guys have enjoyed my pastelitos de guayaba y queso and tres leches french toast so therefore I decided to make another Cuban style dessert. Rice pudding was super popular when I was a kid but for some reason, it has lost its popularity.
It’s such a shame that many restaurants don’t offer rice pudding on their menu. Rice pudding is one of my all-time favorite desserts. My Cuban grandmother includes raisins, eggs, rum, and fresh lemon zest in her rice pudding but I wanted this recipe to be very simple. I promise this easy rice pudding truly delivers.
Can I Use Long Grain Rice?
Yes, although I highly recommend using short-grain rice you may use long grain rice instead.
Do I Have to Add Sweetened Condensed Milk?
Adding condensed milk is my absolute favorite way of preparing it. Many people don’t include it and use granulated sugar instead. The condensed milk gives it an amazing flavor and texture.
Do You Serve This Cold, Warm, or at Room Temperature?
I personally prefer to eat rice pudding at room temperature but feel free to serve it any temperature. Also, keep in mind that it may get dry in the fridge so just add a splash of milk before serving.
What Should I Serve This With?
- Whipped Cream
- Ground Cinnamon
- Shredded Coconut
- Dried Fruit.
If you enjoyed this instant pot rice pudding with then you will love this rice pudding with peaches! This classic rice pudding is another. You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ground cinnamon to taste
- Rinse the rice 2-3 times.
- Add the water, rinsed rice, milk, salt, sugar, and cinnamon stick to the instant pot and stir.
- Seal the lid and press the porridge function. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, release all of the steam before opening the lid.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and condensed milk.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Read your instant pot manual before using it.
- If the rice pudding thickens too much, add some extra whole milk and stir.
- Let the rice pudding come to room temperature before refrigerating.