This fast instant pot chicken curry is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Have dinner on the table in less than 35 minutes.
I highly recommend using bone-in chicken for this recipe. I cooked this chicken curry for 20 minutes in my instant pot and the chicken was falling off the bone. This is a very simple recipe but it is out of this world. I used garam masala because it includes a bunch of different spices that some people may not have on hand.
Fresh ingredients and an instant pot are all you need.
I used Kashmiri chili powder to give it a deep red color.
Add water, close the lid, and cook for 20 minutes.
Enjoy this with basmati rice, garlic naan, or as is.
Enjoy these other delicious recipes:
Coconut Chicken Curry
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken
- 2 onions
- 2 to matoes
- 4 green chilies
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri powder
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 5 cardamoms
- 1 cup water
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the saute function on your instant pot and add oil.
- Add the cardamoms, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger/garlic paste, green chilies and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garam masala and Kashmiri chili, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and water and stir.
- Close the lid, seal the valve, cook high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release the steam before opening the lid.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Read your instant pot or pressure cooker manual before using.
This recipe makes wonderful leftovers the following day.