This instant pot chicken vegetable soup makes a hearty and comforting dinner that the entire family will love. Made with chicken, noodles, and vegetables in under 30 minutes!
Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
Nothing beats a bowl of chicken vegetable soup on a cold winter evening. A decadent meal that can be served before dinner or as a dinner entre. Although this soup contains noodles feel free to omit the noodles and add more veggies instead. Just an FYI, Instant Pot recipes are a lifesaver during those busy weeknights.
If you’re on a low carb diet I would recommend incorporating as many green vegetables as you can. Completely made from scratch and doesn’t include any store-bought seasoning packets. When making soup I prefer to use all fresh ingredients.
What I Love About This Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Super easy to make and tastes even better the following day. Who doesn’t love leftovers?
- Packed with flavor and fresh ingredients that are good for you.
- It can be made into a low carb soup if you omit the carrots and pasta.
- The addition of frem lemon juice and spoonful of fresh parmesan cheese takes this soup to the next level!
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Chicken – I used boneless chicken breasts but feel free to use bone-in chicken if you prefer.
- Fresh Garlic
- Ditalini Pasta – Use any kind of pasta you prefer.
- Mixed Vegetables – Frozen vegetables are what I used for this recipe but canned or fresh work as well.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes – If you’re not a fan of chunks of tomatoes use tomato sauce instead.
- Chicken Stock – I prefer chicken stock over water because it adds so much more flavor!
- Lemon Juice – Adds freshness and flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Granulated Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Chicken Vegetable Soup in The Instant Pot
This soup recipe is super simple to make, all you have to do is follow these quick and easy steps:
Press the saute function on your instant pot and cook the onions and garlic.
Add the chicken, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, and chicken stock. Press the cancel function and then pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. Once it’s done cooking let the steam release completely.
Remove the chicken from the instant pot and shred it or dice it.
Add the vegetables and noodles and cook until the noodles are fully cooked through. Place the chicken back into the instant pot along with the parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Cook for an additional minute or two. Check for seasoning and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Read the instant pot manual before using it.
What Is The Difference Between a Quick Pressure Release and a Natural Pressure Release?
Quick pressure release is when you switch to the venting position and let the steam release quickly as soon as it’s done cooking. A natural pressure release is when you leave the pressure release switch in the sealed position once it’s done cooking. This method will take longer.
How Long Will This Soup Last For?
If you plan on keeping this soup for the following day I would suggest not adding the noodles. Only because the noodles will soak up most of the liquid. Place the soup in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 3-4 days.
What to Serve This With?
I love serving soup with crusty bread or saltine crackers. You may also do a small side of white fluffy rice.
More Soup Recipes
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 24 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 ounces ditalini pasta
- 1 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the "saute" function on the instant pot and drizzle some olive oil into the pot. Cook the onions for 1-2 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the fresh garlic and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
- Add the chicken, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper. Press the "cancel" Function.
- Set your instant pot to pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. When the 7 minutes are up, press the cancel function.
- Allow the instant pot to release the steam completely before opening the lid.
- Carefully open the lid and press the "saute" function. Remove the chicken from the instant pot and make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F. Shred the chicken or finely dice the chicken and set aside.
- Add the noodles and vegetables and cook the noodles according to packaging instructions. Once the noodles are completely cooked, add the chicken back to the instant pot along with the lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Cook for an additional minute or so. Season with salt and pepper generously.
- Read the instant pot manual before using it.
- Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. before comsuming.
Anita Totlani says
This was a Beatiful Recipie. My first time using my instant pot =) little bit of a struggle but it will take time to get use too. I personally would add more veggies and I did add a pinch of chilli powder =)