Lemon Spinach Chicken is what I usually make on Monday nights. Well, not every Monday but I usually make chicken thighs on Mondays. I always mix it up. Chicken thighs and potatoes, Lemon chicken thighs etc. Chicken thighs are inexpensive and in my opinion the best cut. I would throw some peas, corn, and potatoes as well. I wanted to keep it simple today. Yes, I did film and eat this today. I served it with a goat cheese salad although I was really craving white fluffy rice.
Lemon Spinach Chicken
- 5 bone in chicken thighs
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken on both sides with granulated garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat some oil and butter.
- Cook the chicken on both sides for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add fresh garlic and red crushed pepper to the skillet and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and place then place the chicken back into the skillet.
- Place it in the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!