Lemon Spinach Chicken is what I usually make on Monday nights. Well, not every Monday but I usually make chicken thighs on Mondays. I always mix it up. Chicken thighs and potatoes, Lemon chicken thighs etc. Chicken thighs are inexpensive and in my opinion the best cut. I would throw some peas, corn, and potatoes as well. I wanted to keep it simple today. Yes, I did film and eat this today. I served it with a goat cheese salad although I was really craving white fluffy rice.
Lemon Spinach Chicken
This is a great weeknight meal where you can play with the brightness of the citrus and the spinach to wake your taste buds up. This dish has savory chicken that’s kept moist and flavorful from the sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- 5 bone in chicken thighs
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken on both sides with granulated garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat some oil and butter.
- Cook the chicken on both sides for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add fresh garlic and red crushed pepper to the skillet and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and place then place the chicken back into the skillet.
- Place it in the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 5 servings