This creamy chicken and bacon pasta is a family favorite and super easy to make. Fettuccine tossed in a creamy parmesan sauce and topped off with juicy chicken and crispy bacon.
This creamy chicken and bacon pasta recipe is super hearty and comforting. Hands down the best pasta I’ve had in a long time.
What can I say? I just love creamy pasta recipes. You guys absolutely loved this creamy shrimp alfredo pasta so I had to do a spinoff.
This time around I added extra garlic and made more cream sauce since I felt that the chicken would soak up a lot of sauce. Extra sauce is always a good thing. Especially if you serve this with some crusty bread.
Ingredient’s you’ll need:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Granulated Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Crushed Pepper (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How To Make Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
Start by seasoning the chicken breasts on both sides with granulated garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and then set aside. Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp and then remove from the skillet and set aside. Reserve the bacon grease. Cook the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side or until completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Add the garlic and red crushed pepper to the skillet and cook for 20 seconds. Add the heavy cream and fresh parmesan cheese, make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet and stir well. Cook the sauce for 10-12 minutes or until it’s nice and thick. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce along with the cooked chicken and crisp bacon. Serve warm and enjoy!
Tip For The Perfect Pasta
- If you want to add some wine, I highly recommend adding some Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. Add it after adding the garlic and red crushed pepper. Let it reduce by half before adding the heavy cream. I recommend 1/2 cup.
- Add some mushrooms and spinach if you’d like to incorporate some veggies.
- Use any type of pasta you like. Penne, spaghetti, or rigatoni are perfect substitutions.
Can I Make This Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta In Advance?
If you want to make this in advance, I would recommend doubling the sauce amount because pasta soaks up most of the sauce the longer it sits.
Although I highly recommend enjoying this immediately, you may place the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Once you combine chicken, pasta, and bacon you will never look back. This delicious recipe will become a family favorite!
More delicious recipes you should try:
- Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Creamy Smothered Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti
Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/2 lb fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Season the chicken on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Reserve the bacon grease.
- Cook the chicken in the same skillet you cooked the bacon in for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the garlic and red crushed pepper and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the sauce over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until nice and thick.
- Add the cooked fettuccine pasta along with the cooked chicken and crisp bacon. Check for seasoning and mix well.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
- If using thin sliced chicken breasts, cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through. The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165 degrees F.
- If you have any left over spice mixture, add it to the sauce.