I can never pass up chicken piccata. Fried, grilled, or roasted. Doesn’t matter, I always want it.
I’m a huge lemon fan. Lemon cakes, lemon shrimp, lemon spinach, lemonade, you get the point.
I wanted to make this a bit lighter by completely omitting the flour. Doesn’t make a difference. I coated the chicken with parmesan cheese and the rest was history. Oh, and the chicken stock and lemon juice will thicken without flour or any type of starch trust me. I just let it cook over high heat for about 8 minutes and it thickened beautifully.
So good and easy to make. Plus its low carb! Can’t beat it.
Here's an easy recipe for Chicken Piccata that's low carb and tasty. With a lot of the flavor coming in from the sauce, this is a recipe that you can put together quickly and use the leftover sauce to drizzle over veggies.
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken on both sides with paprika, oregano, and black pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt on one side.
- Coat the chicken on both sides with parmesan cheese.
- Fry the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add some butter to the skillet.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Increase the heat to high and let the sauce thicken.
- Add the capers, parsley, and check for seasoning.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!