I can never pass up chicken piccata. Fried, grilled, or roasted. Doesn’t matter, I always want it.
Low Carb chicken piccata is perfect for any specialty diet.
I’m a huge lemon fan. Lemon cakes, lemon shrimp, lemon spinach, lemonade, you get the point.
I wanted to make this a bit lighter by completely omitting the flour. Doesn’t make a difference. I coated the chicken with parmesan cheese and the rest was history. Oh, and the chicken stock and lemon juice will thicken without flour or any type of starch trust me. I just let it cook over high heat for about 8 minutes and it thickened beautifully.
So good and easy to make. Plus its low carb! Can’t beat it.
Low Carb Dinner Ideas
Low Carb Chicken Piccata
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken on both sides with paprika, oregano, and black pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt on one side.
- Coat the chicken on both sides with parmesan cheese.
- Fry the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add some butter to the skillet.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Increase the heat to high and let the sauce thicken.
- Add the capers, parsley, and check for seasoning.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!