Incredibly soft and moist banana muffins stuffed with Nutella. The ultimate breakfast or dessert option for those cold winter mornings. Filled with ripe bananas, cinnamon, butter, and Nutella!
Fall is fast approaching and I just needed to share a great muffin recipe that’s fail-proof and will impress everyone. Bananas and Nutella go together like peanut butter and jelly. Therefore I had to make these Nutella stuffed banana muffins. These are hands down the best muffins I’ve ever made!
- Bananas – Please use very ripe bananas. You want them as sweet as possible.
- Nutella – Any hazelnut spread will work.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Vegetable Oil
How to Make
The first thing you want to do is preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Using a fork, mash three ripe bananas and then add all of the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Then, add in the dry ingredients and mix. Do not overmix. Fill each cupcake liner halfway up and add about 1-2 tbsp of Nutella to each cupcake liner. Fill each cupcake liner 3/4’s of the way up with the remaining muffin batter. Bake for 17 minutes.
Can I Add Walnuts?
Yes, absolutely. Although the Nutella has a bit of a nutty flavor you can certainly add some nuts in for some crunch. I would add about 1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts.
Let the muffins cool completely before storing them. This will prevent the tops from getting sticky. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. These muffins will last about 3 days covered at room temperature or up to 3 months in the freezer. To freeze, wrap them in plastic wrap and then place them in an air tight container.
Nutella Stuffed Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 bananas mashed very ripe
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt or a pinch
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash three ripe bananas using a fork. Make sure they are very ripe.
- Add the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fill each cupcake liner with the batter halfway up. Add 1-2 tbsp of Nutella to each cupcake liner and then fill each cupcake liner about 3/4's of the way.
- Bake for 17 minutes. Let the muffins cool for about 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Do not overmix the batter.
- Use room temperature eggs.
- Do not over bake the muffins.