Pineapple chicken stir-fry is a quick and easy meal made in under 30 minutes! This recipe is made with cubed chicken breast, juicy pineapple chunks, fresh vegetables, and a sweet and savory sauce.
Serve this with white rice or inside a fresh carved pineapple. This pineapple chicken stir-fry is not just healthier than take-out it’s also much more delicious.
Saying I’m obsessed with cooking Chinese style dinners is an understatement. You are going to love this pineapple chicken stir-fry. Not only is it much healthier to cook at home it’s also much more economical. Also, I love that most Asian recipes include tons of veggies and protein. Stir-fry recipes are my personal favorite because they can be made with almost anything you have in the fridge.
How To Make Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
First, you’ll want to season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the skillet, add additional oil and throw in the vegetables. Cook the veggies for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in the fresh garlic and cook until fragrant. In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Add the chicken back to the skillet along with the stir-fry sauce. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens nicely. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Chicken breast cooks extremely quickly, do not overcook it. Overcooking chicken breasts will result in tough dry meat.
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken if you prefer.
- Add some fresh chilies, sriracha sauce, or crushed red pepper if you want a little spice.
- Garnish with green onions, toasted peanuts, and sesame seeds if desired.
- Use canned or fresh pineapple, I don’t recommend frozen pineapple for this recipe.
- Serve with noodles, brown rice, or white rice for a complete meal.
I absolutely loved this pineapple chicken stir-fry recipe and once you give it a try you will too.
More Delicious Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 onion yellow
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 20 ounce pineapple chunks canned
- 1/4 tsp ginger grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pour 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken on all sides until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the remaining oil. Then add the onion, bell pepper, and broccoli. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften slightly. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Place the chicken back into the skillet and stir. In a small bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, chicken broth, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, water, and cornstarch. Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the pineapple chunks to the skillet and heat through. Serve over rice garnished with sliced green onions, if desired.