This is hands down the best shrimp fried rice I’ve ever made. I used mostly butter in this recipe because let’s face it butter just tastes so much better than oil. This along with lobster basil fried rice are my absolute favorites. I served this with a fried egg on top and I’m so upset I forgot to poke the yolk on video. I’m really kicking myself about it cause I love to poke yolks. Next time. I also served this with the most amazing fried chicken wings in the world http://www.cookedbyjulie.com/chicken-wings/
The secret to good fried rice is cold rice and lots of tossing. Get yourself a wok and have some fun 🙂
I want to jump in there.Print
Shrimp Fried Rice
This better-than-takeout fried rice recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. Customize with your favorite add-ins and topped with a fried egg for the best shrimp fried rice you’ll ever have.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mixed carrots and peas
- 6 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp oyster sayce
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large skillet with some butter over medium high heat.
- Cook the peas and carrots for 5-6 minutes or until fork tender and season with salt and pepper.
- Add some oil to the skillet and cook the shrimp for 20 seconds on each side and season with salt.
- Add some extra butter/oil and add cook the two eggs until yellow and scrambled.
- Add some extra butter/oil and fry the cooled cooked rice working in batches.
- Mix the rice with the shrimp, veggies, and eggs. Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil.
- Stir the rice until all of the sauces are evenly distributed.
- Stir in the scallions.
- In a separate skillet fry an egg, season with salt and pepper and serve over the shrimp fried rice.