You can make this easy shrimp fried rice recipe in 25 minutes! A perfect meal that will impress your family and friends and not to mention way better than takeout!
Cooking shrimp fried rice could not get any easier. I’ve cooked several different fried rice recipes but I believe this is the best shrimp fried rice ever. Serve it with a fried egg or some crispy chicken wings.
I think what makes fried rice is the scallions, eggs, and peas. Or at least those are my favorite ingredients, without it, I just won’t enjoy it. I also like to serve it occasionally with a fried runny egg. No such thing as “too much egg” in shrimp fried rice.
Canned or frozen vegetables?
I prefer using thawed frozen vegetables but feel free to use canned or frozen.
Short or long grain rice?
For this recipe, I like to use cold cooked short grain rice. Preferably a day old rice. Do not use freshly cooked hot rice to make fried rice.
Can I use lobster or chicken instead?
Absolutely. Feel free to use anything you’d like.
Don’t forget to pin this!
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mixed carrots and peas
- 6 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp oyster sauce
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large skillet with some butter over medium high heat.
- Cook the peas and carrots for 5-6 minutes or until fork tender and season with salt and pepper.
- Add some oil to the skillet and cook the shrimp for 20 seconds on each side and season with salt.
- Add some extra butter/oil and add cook the two eggs until yellow and scrambled.
- Add some extra butter/oil and fry the cooled cooked rice working in batches.
- Mix the rice with the shrimp, veggies, and eggs. Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil.
- Stir the rice until all of the sauces are evenly distributed.
- Stir in the scallions.
- In a separate skillet fry an egg, season with salt and pepper and serve over the shrimp fried rice.