This is the ideal breakfast, lunch, dinner, or midnight snack. I can eat this any time of the day. I just scrambled the eggs with red bell peppers, butter, and scallions. You can, of course, add as many veggies as you’d like. Spinach, cotija cheese, etc. I also like to make breakfast burritos. Those make the perfect breakfast.
Hot sauce is optional here but scrambled eggs and hot sauce are a match made in heaven.
Surprise your significant other with this recipe on Valentines Day morning.
Scrambled Eggs with Peppers and Onions
Make this for breakfast or a light dinner. These soft scrambled eggs are super buttery and fluffy. The sweetness from the peppers and freshness from the scallions and cilantro works very well.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 scallion
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce, optional
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl.
- Stir in the milk and whisk well.
- Melt some butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs and stir continuously making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in the scallions, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Top with fresh cilantro and hot sauce if desired and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 serving