Shrimp pumpkin alfredo made in under 30 minutes with just a handful of ingredients. Succulent juicy shrimp tossed in a creamy pumpkin alfredo sauce with fettuccine pasta. A mouth-watering pasta recipe perfect for those chilly days!
What can I say? I absolutely love pasta and shrimp. Fall is right around the corner and pumpkin everything is fast approaching. Why not make a bowl of delicious pumpkin fettuccine alfredo? I mean come on! If you’re not a fan of shrimp, simply omit it. Creamy pumpkin alfredo on its own will not disappoint. You can also use any type of pasta you have on hand.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need
- Heavy Cream
- Fettuccine Pasta
- Garlic – always use fresh.
- Pumpkin Puree – Please do not get this confused with pumpkin pie mix. Pumpkin pie mix is loaded with sugar and will not taste pleasant.
- Sage – pumpkin and sage go together beautifully!
- Paprika – I like paprika for color. It gives the shrimp a nice color.
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grated parmesan cheese is the best way to go.
- Salt and Pepper
- Red Crushed Pepper – completely optional but the pumpkin adds a bit of sweetness to the sauce so a little bit of spice is perfect!
What Else Can I Use Besides Shrimp?
Chicken, lobster chunks, or scallops go great with Alfredo. You can also make this vegetarian by simply omitting the shrimp.
Can I Add White Wine?
Yes, absolutely. Add the wine after adding fresh garlic and red crushed pepper. Deglaze the skillet with the white wine and cook until the wine reduces by half.
For best results enjoy this immediately after cooking. However, you can make the sauce ahead of time and place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
If you enjoyed this comforting creamy shrimp pumpkin alfredo recipe then you will also enjoy this creamy shrimp alfredo pasta. You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Shrimp Pumpkin Alfredo
- 3/4 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb shrimp raw, peeled, and deveined
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp sage fresh
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and season with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir in the butter and cook the shrimp on each side for 1 minute. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add more oil if needed to the skillet along with the fresh minced garlic and red crushed pepper. Cook for 20 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and pumpkin puree.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the sauce until thickened. Once the sauce is nice and thick, add the rosemary and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked fettuccine to the sauce along with the shrimp and mix well. Check for seasoning and enjoy with extra parmesan cheese and red crushed pepper, if desired.