What I love about this recipe is that you can use chicken or even make a salad using the remoulade as a dressing. The possibilities are endless. I prefer to use shrimp because shrimp cooks in less than 2 minutes and I love shrimp.
I use this same sauce when making Shrimp Po Boy sandwiches. So good. You can serve these shrimp with pasta or rice. Your choice.
Servings: 4 people
Homemade remoulade sauce with real ingredients. Perfect for salads, shrimp, chicken, etc.
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 stick of celery
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper
- 3 tbsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the remoulade sauce, Place the mayo, ketchup, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley, celery, and green onion into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt some butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and the season with salt, pepper, and red crushed chili flakes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add 1/4 cup of the remoulade sauce and coat the shrimp well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1230IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
Leave a Reply