What I love about this recipe is that you can use chicken or even make a salad using the remoulade as a dressing. The possibilities are endless. I prefer to use shrimp because shrimp cooks in less than 2 minutes and I love shrimp.
I use this same sauce when making Shrimp Po Boy sandwiches. So good. You can serve these shrimp with pasta or rice. Your choice.
Homemade remoulade sauce with real ingredients. Perfect for salads, shrimp, chicken, etc.
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 stick of celery
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper
- 3 tbsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the remoulade sauce, Place the mayo, ketchup, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley, celery, and green onion into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt some butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and the season with salt, pepper, and red crushed chili flakes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add 1/4 cup of the remoulade sauce and coat the shrimp well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!