Grilled Shrimp Po’Boy Sandwiches make the best lunch or easy weeknight dinner! Made with seasoned grilled shrimp and a delicious homemade remoulade sauce.
The first thing I ate when I landed in New Orleans was *drum roll please* a shrimp po’boy sandwich! I enjoyed it so much that as soon as I got home I immediately uploaded a youtube recipe video.
This grilled shrimp po’boy sandwich is super easy to make and it’s packed with flavor. I saved the leftover remoulade sauce for the next time I make another sandwich.
I can’t get over how good these sandwiches were. I would make these and wrap them in aluminum foil and serve them with an ice-cold beer. For some reason sandwiches in aluminum foil always look yummier plus it keeps it warm.
Why this grilled shrimp po’boy recipe is so good
- This sandwich has tons of flavor from the remoulade sauce and the shrimp marinade.
- The bread is super crisp and fresh and absolute perfection when topped off with grilled shrimp and lettuce and tomatoes.
- The texture is perfection. You get freshness from the lettuce and tomato but also tons of flavor from the sauce and bread.
How to make a grilled shrimp po’boy sandwich:
- The first thing you want to do is prepare the remoulade sauce. To make the remoulade sauce, place all of the remoulade sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with granulated garlic, paprika, chili powder, granulated onion, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side or until they turn pink.
- While the shrimp cooks, toast the bread and then spread about 1-2 tbsp of remoulade sauce on the bread.
- Top the bread with the cooked shrimp, lettuce, and tomato.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Although, I highly recommend cooking the shrimp and assembling the sandwiches the day of you may definitely make the remoulade sauce ahead of time. The remoulade sauce should last you 1-2 weeks refrigerated in an airtight container.
More shrimp recipes you’ll enjoy:
Grilled Shrimp Po'Boy Sandwich
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 celery stick
- 3 tbsp parsley
- salt to taste
- To make the remoulade sauce place the mayonnaise, ketchup, spicy mustard, whole grain mustard, garlic clove, paprika, green onion, celery stick, parsley, and paprika into a food processor and blend for a couple of seconds.
- Season the remoulade sauce with salt and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with granulated garlic, paprika, chili powder, granulated onion, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, pepper, and a 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Grill the shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- While the shrimp cook, brush the bread rolls with butter and grill until nice and toasty.
- Spoon about 1-2 tbsp of remoulade sauce on the bread and then top with the grilled shrimp.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes and enjoy!