I was debating long and hard if I should make a grilled shrimp po’boy sandwich with crispy fried shrimp and fried green tomatoes or a po’boy with a creamy delicious remoulade sauce, toasted roll, and flavorful grilled shrimp. I chose the latter. Po Boy was this good.
I enjoyed this so much. Super simple to make. I saved the remoulade sauce for the next time I make a po’ boy. Next time I’ll fry the shrimp and toss in some green fried tomatoes as well.
I can’t get over how good these were. I would make these and wrap them in aluminum foil and serve them with an iced cold beer. For some reason sandwiches in aluminum foil always look yummier plus it keeps it warm.
For the remoulade sauce, you just have to blend all of the ingredients and then season with salt.
It should taste divine.
Season the shrimp with creole seasoning.
Grill the shrimp and then put your little po’ boys together!
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 celery stick
- 3 tbsp parsley
- salt to taste
- To make the remoulade sauce place the mayonnaise, ketchup, spicy mustard, whole grain mustard, garlic clove, paprika, green onion, celery stick, parsley, and paprika into a food processor and blend for a couple of seconds.
- Season the remoulade sauce with salt and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with granulated garlic, paprika, chili powder, granulated onion, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, pepper, and a 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Grill the shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- While the shrimp cook, brush the bread rolls with butter and grill until nice and toasty.
- Spoon about 1-2 tbsp of remoulade sauce on the bread and then top with the grilled shrimp.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes and enjoy!