Think of this as a hearty meaty stove top baked ziti. Baked tie. Spicy red meat sauces with cheese will forever my heart. I specialize in these simple dishes. It’s all about the perfect seasoning and al dente pasta. That’s it. People will even forgive you if you burn the cheese a bit as long as the seasoning is on point and the pasta is perfectly cooked. It’s a one pot meal what more can you ask for? Well 2 if you count the pot to boil the pasta.
Spicy Bow-Tie Pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 2 green chilies
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- Heat a large skillet with some vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Crumble the beef into the skillet and cook until browned.
- Stir in the onions, garlic, chilies, and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the red wine, crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, and water. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the ricotta cheese. Cook the sauce with the ricotta for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bow tie pasta, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and let it simmer until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve and enjoy.