This creamy spicy shrimp spaghetti is made in under 30 minutes! Succulent juicy shrimp and spaghetti coated in a creamy spicy sauce.
I love a good delicious and easy spaghetti recipe that requires almost no effort. Who doesn’t enjoy a bowl of steaming hot pasta from time to time? This recipe is packed with flavor and spice. Definitely one of my all-time favorite shrimp recipes.
You are going to love this recipe, the entire family is going to devour it!
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Shrimp – I used peeled and deveined shrimp but left the tails on. Leave the tails on, it makes the shrimp appear larger and adds extra flavor.
- Spaghetti – Use any kind of pasta you prefer.
- Crushed Tomatoes – Good quality canned crushed tomatoes.
- Red Crushed Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper – Chili powder will work as well. Use as much or as little as you’d like.
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Lemon – This will provide some freshness and vibrancy.
- Heavy Cream – Do not omit the cream it will add lots of creaminess.
- Sugar – Helps to balance the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
Why This Recipe Works
- Using heavy cream will make this incredibly rich and creamy.
- Using a combination of red crushed pepper and cayenne pepper will give it a nice kick.
- Adding the pasta and shrimp to the sauce will let it absorb all of the flavor and creaminess.
How to Make Creamy Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti:
Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions, preferably al dente.
Season the shrimp with Italians seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Add the fresh lemon juice. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
Caramelize the onions and garlic. Stir in the red crushed pepper. Add the crushed tomatoes, sugar, fresh basil, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
Place the shrimp back into the skillet along with the spaghetti and cook for an additional minute. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve warm.
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- Incorporate some scallops, lobster tails, and mussels.
- Use penne pasta instead of spaghetti if you’d like.
- Black olives are a great addition to this recipe.
- Use fresh green chilies for extra spice.
What to serve this with?
I believe there is nothing better than a bowl of spaghetti with cheesy garlic bread on the side. A small tomato avocado salad would be a fantastic addition as well.
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love:
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Creamy Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water according to packaging instructions.
- While the spaghetti cooks, season the shrimp with cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add oil to a large skillet and cook the shrimp for 1 minute on each side over medium-high heat.
- Add the lemon juice to the shrimp and cook for an additional 10 seconds. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the fresh garlic and red crushed pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, fresh basil, and sugar. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper generously. Stir in the heavy cream and place the shrimp back into the skillet.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet and mix well.
Leave a Reply