These spinach and turkey meatballs make a great addition to any spaghetti dish. Serve over zucchini noodles for a healthy version of a classic spaghetti.
Oh, how I love a good baked meatball recipe on a busy weeknight! Super simple to make and you can stuff them with any veggies you have on hand. Grated carrots, onions, ginger, garlic, you name it. These spinach and turkey meatballs are seasoned and baked to perfection. They can be enjoyed on its own or served with spaghetti or zucchini noodles with marinara sauce.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Ground Turkey
- Fresh Spinach
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Tomato Paste
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
How Do You Make Spinach and Turkey Meatballs?
The first thing you want to do is cook the onions and spinach in a skillet with some oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the fresh garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for an additional 20 seconds. Season the spinach mixture with salt and pepper and then remove it from the skillet and set aside. In a large bowl combine the spinach mixture and all of the remaining ingredients. Mix well and then cover refrigerate for one hour. Roll 1 1/2 inch sized meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
Top Tips and Recipe Variations:
- Use ground beef, chicken, veal, or pork, instead if you prefer.
- Put a little bit of cooking oil on your hands before rolling the meatballs, that will prevent them from sticking to your hands.
- Use a mini scoop to scoop the meatballs onto the baking sheet if you don’t want to roll them by hand.
- Fry the meatballs instead of baking them and simmer them in marinara sauce for an hour or until fork-tender.
- Do not overmix the meatball mixture, just mix until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- To make these spicy, add extra crushed red pepper or a diced jalapeno pepper.
These homemade spinach and turkey meatballs are super delicious and good for you. They make for the best leftovers and can be used for meatball sub sandwiches or for snacking. Make sure to give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out!
More Delicious Dinner Recipes Ideas
Spinach and Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 Tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee the onions and spinach in a small skillet with some olive oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, fresh minced garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper then place the onion and spinach mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, cooked spinach onion and garlic mixture, paprika, granulated onion, granulated garlic, oregano, tomato paste, egg, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Let the turkey mixture come to room temperature and then roll them into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place 1 inch apart in the pan and then bake uncovered for 20-22 minutes or until fully cooked through.