Tuna Melts are the way to most people’s heart in case you didn’t know. You will not mess this recipe up, Impossible. Probably the easiest recipe I have on the blog.
Let’s take it back to 2004 when my friends and I would go to Johnny Rockets and order Tuna Melts and milkshakes. Tuna, milk, ice cream, cheddar, what a combination but oh so delicious. I’ve been obsessed with tuna melts for years. I never thought I would share a tuna melt recipe on my blog but here it is.
Make sure to butter all sides of the bread generously. I would prefer sharp cheddar and sourdough bread for the perfect tuna melt but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
The best part about tuna melts is the fact that you probably always have all the ingredients on hand.
You know you want a bite.
Probably the easiest tuna melt recipe on the planet. Make this tuna melt sandwich in under 15 minutes! Even your little picky eaters will love this one.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Two 5-ounce cans tuna
- 1/4 cup real mayo
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 2 tbsp scallions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp softened butter
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack
- Drain water from tuna and place the tuna in a large bowl.
- Combine the tuna, mayo, sweet relish, scallions, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Butter the bread on both sides and add a generous amount of cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of tuna salad and sprinkle additional cheese on top.
- Place the sandwich in a hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side over medium-low heat.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Keywords: Tuna Melt Recipe, Tuna Melt,