Ham and Cheese Sliders – Honey ham and Havarti cheese layered on some Hawaiian soft rolls and brushed with a garlic butter mixture. Serve them alongside some Honey Baked Turkey Wings and Chicken Parm Sliders at your next BBQ!
I wanted to share a delicious but simple recipe that everyone can enjoy. Although once these come out of the oven I like to serve some pickles, mayo, mustard, and potato chips on the side.
Traditionally a lot of folks like to spread mayo or mustard on their sandwiches so you can do that but when you’re serving a large crowd I recommend serving it on the side. If the entire family enjoys mayo and mustard on their sandwiches then feel free to spread some on before baking them.
These ham and cheese sliders are super convenient for a last minute lunch or quick dinner idea. Trust me, no one in your family will complain if you serve them these little sliders.
What Kind of Ham and Cheese Should I Use?
Thinly sliced honey ham and Havarti cheese are what I like to use. You can also use Baked Ham With Brown Sugar Glaze. I recommend adding 1/2 lb of ham and 5-6 slices of cheese for 12 sliders.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
These sliders are super good and easy to make, this is all you have to do:
- Melt some butter and stir in the poppy seeds, fresh minced garlic, oregano, and salt.
- Brush a baking dish with 1 tbsp of the butter mixture.
- Slice the dinner rolls in half and place the bottoms on the buttered baking dish.
- Top the rolls with ham and cheese.
- Place the top rolls on top and pour the remaining butter mixture over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered and then bake for 1-2 minutes uncovered.
Tips and Recipe Variations:
- Add 1 tbsp of dijon mustard to the butter mixture if you love mustard in your ham and cheese sandwiches.
- Add some pickles to the sliders before baking if you enjoy a tangy taste.
- Make your own Dinner Rolls from scratch if you’d like.
Ham and Cheese Sliders Ingredients:
- Soft Rolls
- Melted Butter
- Minced Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- Poppy Seeds
Other Delicious Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 lb Havarti cheese
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, poppy seeds, 1 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese, minced garlic, oregano, and salt.
- Slice the rolls in half.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the butter mixture to a baking sheet.
- Place the bottom rolls on the buttered baking sheet.
- Layer the bottom rolls with ham and cheese.
- Pour the remaining butter mixture over the top rolls and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with a little extra butter and top off with remaining parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Enjoy warm!