These ham and cheese sliders consist of honey ham and Havarti cheese layered on some Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a garlic butter mixture. The quickest and easiest recipe you could make to feed a crowd.
These ham and cheese sliders are perfect and super convenient for a last-minute lunch or quick snack. Traditionally a lot of folks like to spread mayo or mustard on their sandwiches so you can do that but when you’re serving a large crowd I recommend serving it on the side. If the entire family enjoys mayo and mustard on their sandwiches then feel free to spread some on before baking them.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Cooks in under 30 minutes.
- Super easy to make.
- The most delicious sliders you’ll ever eat!
How To Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Start off by preparing the topping. To prepare the topping, melt the butter in a small bowl and then stir in the poppy seeds, minced garlic, oregano, and salt.
- Brush the baking dish with 1 tbsp of the butter topping and set aside. Slice the dinner rolls in half and place the bottom half on the baking pan.
- Top the rolls with ham and cheese, place the top rolls on top and cover with the remaining butter topping.
- Grate some fresh parmesan cheese on top, cover, and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes. Finally uncover and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
What Kind of Ham and Cheese Should I Use?
Thinly sliced honey ham and Havarti cheese are what I like to use. You can also use Baked Ham With Brown Sugar Glaze. I recommend adding 1/2 lb of ham and 5-6 slices of cheese for 12 sliders.
Tips For The Perfect Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Add 1 tbsp of dijon mustard to the butter mixture if you love mustard in your ham and cheese sandwiches.
- Add some pickles to the sliders before baking if you enjoy a tangy taste.
- Make your own Dinner Rolls from scratch if you’d like.
Do I Have To Use Poppy Seeds?
Poppy seeds give these sliders a bit of a crunch and if you’re a fan of poppy seed bagels then you will love the idea of adding the seeds to the butter mixture. Although feel free to omit them if you don’t have any on hand.
Assemble the ham and cheese sliders without the poppy seed topping and freeze up to 3 months. You can bake them directly from the freezer, just prepare the butter topping and brush the sliders when they’re almost cooked.
Place any leftover sliders in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 months or freeze for up to 6 months.
Other Delicious Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 lb Havarti cheese
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, poppy seeds, 1 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese, minced garlic, oregano, and salt.
- Slice the rolls in half.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the butter mixture to a baking sheet.
- Place the bottom rolls on the buttered baking sheet.
- Layer the bottom rolls with ham and cheese.
- Pour the remaining butter mixture over the top rolls and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with a little extra butter and top off with remaining parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Enjoy warm!