This quick and easy warm potato salad is my favorite for summer parties. Made with honey, mustard, shallots, butter, and garlic in under 35 minutes!
If you enjoyed my Roasted Potato Salad then you’re going to love this recipe. You can’t go wrong with buttery roasted potatoes any time of year. During the Holidays we serve them as a side and during the summer we make salads! A reader of mine requested a potato salad with no mayo, so I had to share this recipe. An easy homemade dijon vinegarette with a little kick, you’re going to love this recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Baby Yellow Potatoes
- Spicy brown mustard
- whole grain mustard
- olive oil
- fresh garlic
How to Make Warm Honey Mustard Potato Salad:
This is one of the easiest potato salads I’ve ever made. Here’s all you have to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, coat with melted butter, and season generously with kosher salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes then flip the potatoes and add the shallots and fresh garlic. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine the grain mustard, spicy brown mustard, honey, and olive oil.
- Coat the potatoes with the honey vinaigrette.
Why this recipe works:
- Your potato salad won’t turn out gloppy.
- Perfect for a dairy-free diet.
Not a fan of yellow baby potatoes?
Use any kind of potato you’d like! You may even boil the potatoes instead of roasting them.
How to Boil Potatoes
Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a rapid boil and cook for 18-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Omit the honey if following a vegan diet.
- Double or triple the honey vinegarette recipe if you like your salad extra creamy.
Baby yellow potatoes roasted to perfection then coated with a homemade honey mustard vinaigrette. Made in under 35 minutes!
- 1 lb baby yellow potatoes
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
Coat the potatoes with the melted butter and season generously with salt. Place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes then add the shallots and garlic and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked through.
In a small bowl, combine the grain mustard, dijon mustard, honey, and olive oil.
Coat the cooked potatoes with the honey mustard mixture and add the fresh dill.
Season to taste and enjoy!
- Do not bake the potatoes with the honey vinaigrette. Honey burns quickly, therefore coat the fully cooked potatoes with the honey mustard vinaigrette after they come out of the oven.