Baked shrimp scampi is super easy to prepare and only takes 8 minutes to cook! These succulent buttery shrimp can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or main entree. Enjoy this with cilantro lime rice, angel hair pasta, or creamy mashed potatoes for a delicious and fulfilling meal.
You definitely don’t need a cast-iron skillet to make this baked shrimp scampi recipe, please use any oven-safe dish you have on hand. What I love most about this meal is that you can adjust it to your liking. Throw in some spinach, tomatoes, capers, etc. This is hands down the easiest weeknight meal and its low carb and keto-friendly. Also, if you’re not a fan of spice simply omit the red crushed pepper. If you love spicy food, feel free to add more than the suggested amount.
- Shrimp – Raw peeled and deveined shrimp is the best option for this recipe.
- Garlic – I highly recommend fresh minced garlic.
- Real Lemon Juice –
- Butter – I strongly suggest seasoning the shrimp with salt and pepper and adding a pinch of salt to the butter. But if you prefer salted butter instead of unsalted butter feel free to use it.
- Red Crushed Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
How Do You Know When The Shrimp Is Fully Cooked Through?
As soon as the shrimp turn pink and are no longer translucent, then it’s cooked. Shrimp cook almost instantly. You’ll never have to worry too much about shrimp being undercooked. With that being said, shrimp overcook very quickly so do keep an eye on them.
What Happens If You Overcook The Shrimp?
Shrimp will turn rubbery and won’t have a juicy texture if you overcook it. They’ll be tough and chewy.
Can I Add White Wine?
Yes, add 1/4 cup of dry white wine like a pinot grigio, nothing fruity.
What To Do With Leftovers?
Simply place the leftover shrimp in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
If you enjoyed this succulent baked shrimp scampi recipe then you will love these southern fried shrimp. These creamy garlic shrimp are another favorite! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Baked Shrimp Scampi
- 1/2 lb shrimp raw, peeled, and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer in an oven-safe baking dish and season with salt, pepper, and red crushed pepper.
- Add the melted butter, juice of one lemon, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour the lemon butter sauce all over the shrimp. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Garnish the shrimp with fresh parsley, if desired, and enjoy!
- Do not use cooked shrimp for this recipe please use raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp for best results.
- Also, please use fresh garlic and season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper.