These Cajun ground beef tacos are super flavorful and easy to make. Seasoned to perfection with homemade Cajun seasoning and served with soft warm tortillas. Make this in under 30 minutes!
If you’re not a fan of cumin and chili powder then this Cajun ground beef taco recipe is for you. Perfectly seasoned with a Cajun spice blend that is made up of oregano, paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and thyme. For this recipe, I used an 85/15 beef ratio which means 15 percent fat and 85 percent lean beef.
The best part about these Cajun beef tacos is that you can make them indoors and require very few ingredients. I kept it simple and topped them off with salted avocado chunks, fresh lime, and a bunch of fresh cilantro. Feel free to add cheese, sour cream, and tomatoes if you’d like.
This recipe was inspired by Crispy Beef tacos.
How to Make Cajun Ground Beef Tacos:
These are probably the easiest tacos you’ll ever make. Here’s all you have to do:
- Cook the onions in olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the beef and cook until browned completely.
- Season the beef with Cajun seasoning, add the tomato sauce, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with warm tortillas, fresh cilantro, avocado, and lime.
Flour or Corn Tortillas
I used soft mini flour tortillas. However, corn tortillas are just as delicious.
How to Warm up Tortillas
Place 4-5 tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for about 20 seconds or until warm.
If you prefer to heat the tortillas on the stove make sure to use tongs. Char the tortillas directly over the gas flames for about 10 seconds.
Are These Cajun Ground Beef Tacos Spicy?
No, these tacos although super flavorful are not spicy. Feel free to add some hot sauce and fresh chilies for some extra kick!
More Cajun Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Cajun Beef Tacos
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Onions finely diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 3 1/2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 6 Warm Tortillas
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook until completely browned. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and Cajun seasoning.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Check for seasoning.
- Serve with warm tortillas, fresh cilantro, salted avocado, and lime, if desired.